Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Tattoo

So, I'm working on getting my first tattoo (fair warning, this will not be an incredibly deep or thought-provoking post). I really want it now, but I want it to be perfect!!
It's an incredibly meaningful tattoo to me; I'm working towards being a librarian and have always loved books and music more than anything. The tattoo I want is a small and simple looking black-ink book on the inside of my heel. Simple, but parallel lines are difficult in tattoos and I want it to be absolutely perfect. Shortly after I get this one, I have plans to get another one... I want a quote about my other love, music, in script somewhere on my body, possibly my back or side. The quote is "Music is a moral law. It gives Soul to the universe, Wings to the mind, Flight to the imagination, and Charm and Gaiety to life and to everything" by Plato. It sums up everything I feel about music but have never been able to put into words. I want it in black ink with dark blue highlight.
Alot of people are opposed to tattoos, which is unfortunate. It will be on my body forever, but I would never even entertain the idea if that wasn't something I could accept. Tattoos have the capability to express things that are words can't with a simple image. No one would wonder why I would choose to be a librarian, because my passion is tattooed in permanence on my ankle. These are things I know will never change, my love for music and books. It's only fitting that they should follow me to the death.

No comments:

Post a Comment